If you have concerns about the appearance of a tooth, or of your entire smile, you can find the help you need at Viva Smile in Van Nuys. We love helping our patients bring out the natural beauty their smiles were meant to have. Sometimes, the best way to do this is with veneers.
Veneers are custom-shaped and sized sheaths of material, either porcelain or resin, which are affixed to the front of teeth. The attention to detail that goes into making veneers leads to results that accentuate the finer aspects of your smile. Because the tooth or teeth that are treated with this cosmetic process gain a bit of coverage, overall durability and strength tends to be heightened, as well. You can discover the details of treatment when you visit us. Here, we will touch on some of the benefits of a smile makeover with porcelain veneers.
- Veneers sculpted from high quality dental porcelain closely resemble natural enamel, right down to their translucency and color variations.
- Porcelain is very resistance to discoloration, more so than your natural teeth.
- Minimal reduction is necessary to enhance teeth with veneers.
- Veneers can disguise minor turning of a tooth, small gaps, and even severe discoloration.
Are There Disadvantages to Veneers?
Millions of people have improved the appearance of their smile with veneers, and have fallen in love with their smile! Does this mean there is no downside? We wouldn't really call it a downside, or a disadvantage, but here are a few things that you need to know:
- To place veneers appropriately on the front of a tooth, enamel needs to be reduced very slightly. This modification of natural structure means that veneer treatment cannot be reversed.
- Veneers are designed in the office and made in an off-site lab. This means there is a lapse in between the initial preparation of enamel and the placement of veneers.
- Some patients experience mild sensitivity after their first visit. This may linger for a few days after veneers are adhered to teeth, but should subside quickly.
- Veneers do add a moderate amount of durability to teeth. However, they can be damaged if you chew or bite on your fingernails or hard objects. Take good care of your veneers, and you take great care of your smile!
Are you ready for a beautiful new smile? Call your dentist in Van Nuys to discuss the value of veneers.
Related Articles About Veneers
Location: 15333 Sherman Way Suite M Van Nuys, CA 91406