Needing a crown or a bridge means making an investment into the longevity of your smile. While neither a crown nor a bridge is considered a cosmetic dental treatment, these restorations do give you back the appearance of a whole, healthy smile. More importantly, though, a crown or bridge enables you to chew without pain, and feel confident when you smile or speak.
We are happy to offer bridges and crowns to patients of our Van Nuys office, and discuss the various options available so each person can feel the utmost confidence that their needs will be served by their dental work. Part of the durability of a restoration comes from materials and seating, and part comes from the care that is given to the fixture on a routine basis.
We want you to love the results of our care, and we offer tips to care for bridges and crowns to our Van Nuys patients.
Tips for crowns and bridges
- Keep your mouth clean! Plaque buildup around a restoration could spell trouble down the line. If possible, brush after meals. If this is not possible, rinse your mouth with water after eating or drinking any food or beverage.
- Take flossing seriously. If you have a bridge, you will require a flossing tool that will remove debris from beneath the pontic part of your restoration. We will demonstrate how to floss your bridge when we affix it into place.
- Consider a sonic toothbrush and water irrigation device to maximize oral care.
- Rinse your mouth with an alcohol-free, antibacterial mouthwash each morning and at night.
- Do not chew or bite on hard objects, this exerts more force on your restorations than they can handle, and may cause a fracture or break.
- See your dentist regularly. During routine exams, we carefully observe all aspects of your teeth, and also your restorations, to ensure no subtle damage has occurred.
Ready for crowns or bridges?
It is important to us that the work we perform for you will last. If you have questions about crown or bridge treatment, or you are due for your routine exam and cleaning, give us a call. We are happy to schedule a convenient appointment for you.
Related Articles About Crowns and Bridges
Location: 15333 Sherman Way Suite M Van Nuys, CA 91406